FAA AC 150/5345-42 L-867 & L-868
- For ground fixing of elevated and inset lights, for underground housing of isolating transformers
- Type L-867 Bases and extensions for applications subject to occasional light vehicular loading but no aircraft or other heavy vehicular loading.
- Type L-868 Bases and extensions for applications subject to aircraft and other heavy vehicular loading.
- Bases are Class IA, hot galvanized steel unless otherwise specified
- Available diameters;
Size A – 8 inch (203 mm),
Size B – 12 inch (305 mm),
Size C – 15 inch (381 mm)
- Flange rings are attached to side-walls with continuous watertight weld
- Internal and external grounding straps are standard
- Light bases can be provided with an optional plywood cover for shipping and ease of installation
- 12 inch to 8 inch and 15 inch to 12 inch adapter rings are available to match inset lights and bases of dierent sizes
- Light bases can be provided with a special jig for levelling and stabilization during installation